Old 06-05-2003, 07:32 PM
solex

Default Electric Lawn Mowers

Hello,

I would like to get your opinions on Electric Lawn Mowers. I have recently
moved to a home with a small lot 5000 sq ft. and am interested in a electric
mower for simplicity sake. Can you make any recommendations?

Thanks,
Dan

Old 06-05-2003, 09:08 PM
Die Spammer !!!

solex wrote:

Hello,

I would like to get your opinions on Electric Lawn Mowers. I have recently
moved to a home with a small lot 5000 sq ft. and am interested in a electric
mower for simplicity sake. Can you make any recommendations?

Thanks,
Dan

how can dragging an electrical extension cord behind a lawn mower be simple? the
more cord you have, less power the motor gets and less power to cut taller
grass.

thats simple .

Old 07-05-2003, 04:32 AM
Robin

I used a Toro Carefree e-mower, but ended up buying a SP gas-mower because
it was too much work to push the heavy e-mower on hills. So my suggestion
is to go ahead only if you have a small even lot, or if you're not wimpy
like me. If not for that problem, the Toro was wonderful--so quiet,
absolutely no hassle. You wouldn't happen to live in Florida and be
interested in a used Toro in excellent condition, do you? : )

. uu.net...

Old 07-05-2003, 01:08 PM

"Robin" wrote:
I used a Toro Carefree e-mower, but ended up buying a SP gas-mower
because it was too much work to push the heavy e-mower on hills. So my
suggestion is to go ahead only if you have a small even lot, or if you're
not wimpy like me. If not for that problem, the Toro was wonderful--so
quiet, absolutely no hassle. You wouldn't happen to live in Florida and
be interested in a used Toro in excellent condition, do you? : )

5000 sq ft may be too much for an electric mower. Especially is you
get into a rainy week or two.

--
GO# 40
http://NewsReader.Com/

Old 07-05-2003, 01:44 PM
solex

Robin,
Thanks for your post. Unfortunately I live in NY otherwise I would be
interested in the e-mower.

Anyone else with an e-mower for sale?
Thanks,
Dan

Old 13-05-2003, 12:20 AM
Michael Lee

Oh come ON! If you get the correct extension cord, IE: 12 or 14 guage for
100' (go by the spects in the owner's manual), then the mower will have
enough power. If you use a lighter guage cord, then the mower will overheat
and could quit working. I have a B&D electric and it works fine with plenty
of power.

The issue I see with a battery operated one, is when you have to replace the
batteries in a couple of years, you might as well replace the whole mower,
them things ain't cheap.
On the other hand, managing a cord can be a pain...

Shalom! Michael Lee