Old 16-08-2014, 01:24 AM posted to alt.home.repair,alt.home.lawn.garden,rec.gardens

Default Lawn Aerator

On 8/15/2014 4:50 PM, Guv Bob wrote:
"Guv Bob" wrote in message news Now that we have all the comments and theories about aeration......

Anybody know where to get an aerator that's basically a 20-gallon barrel filled with water with a row of aerator tubes fastened around each head pulled by hand? Less than 1000 sq ft and too hard for foot-stomper aerator.

Magically someone was passing out flyers to do aeration in the neighborhood this week. This is the just the 2nd time I've seen someone come by in 20 years.
Prices listed vary from $80-160 front and back, depending on any extra services.

Just be sure his device pulls plugs of soil and does not merely spike
the soil. The former actually aerates; the latter compresses the soil
around the holes it punches and makes things worse.

--
David E. Ross
Climate: California Mediterranean, see
Old 16-08-2014, 03:54 AM posted to alt.home.repair,alt.home.lawn.garden,rec.gardens

On Fri, 15 Aug 2014 19:29:18 -0800, "Guv Bob"
wrote:

Magically someone was passing out flyers to do aeration in the neighborhood this week. This is the just the 2nd time I've seen someone come by in 20 years.
Prices listed vary from $80-160 front and back, depending on any extra services.

Let us know what you finally decide. How old is this thread now?

It's old as the hills.

What is your plan of attack, have you found a solution? I get the
impression you can't make up your mind, I hope I'm wrong.
Old 16-08-2014, 04:06 AM posted to alt.home.repair,alt.home.lawn.garden,rec.gardens

On Fri, 15 Aug 2014 17:24:18 -0700, "David E. Ross"
wrote:

Just be sure his device pulls plugs of soil and does not merely spike
the soil. The former actually aerates; the latter compresses the soil
around the holes it punches and makes things worse.

The OP has read this advice from AHR.

I wish he could make up his mind in the matter. Take some action and
use the advice already given. Tell us if we were wrong.

Old 16-08-2014, 11:30 PM posted to alt.home.repair,alt.home.lawn.garden,rec.gardens

On Sat, 16 Aug 2014 15:26:42 -0800, "Guv Bob"
wrote:

What is your plan of attack, have you found a solution? I get the
impression you can't make up your mind, I hope I'm wrong.

On hold. Low priority. Will update if and when it happens.

I can respect that. If and when you make up your mind.

Old 18-08-2014, 07:24 AM posted to alt.home.repair,alt.home.lawn.garden,rec.gardens

wrote:

What is your plan of attack, have you found a solution? I get the
impression you can't make up your mind, I hope I'm wrong.

On hold. Low priority. Will update if and when it happens.

I can respect that. If and when you make up your mind.

Screw you. I made up my mind. Get a brain.

Old 18-08-2014, 03:47 PM posted to alt.home.repair,alt.home.lawn.garden,rec.gardens

wrote:

Just be sure his device pulls plugs of soil and does not merely spike
the soil. The former actually aerates; the latter compresses the soil
around the holes it punches and makes things worse.

The OP has read this advice from AHR.

I wish he could make up his mind in the matter. Take some action and
use the advice already given. Tell us if we were wrong.

Why is that important to YOU?

Old 19-08-2014, 01:48 AM posted to alt.home.repair,alt.home.lawn.garden,rec.gardens

My sincere apologies to you, Oren.

wrote:

What is your plan of attack, have you found a solution? I get the
impression you can't make up your mind, I hope I'm wrong.

On hold. Low priority. Will update if and when it happens.

I can respect that. If and when you make up your mind.

Screw you. I made up my mind. Get a brain.

Towed lawn aerator / spiker johno Lawns 3 07-10-2008 12:33 AM
lawn aerator question Tom Fletcher Lawns 1 16-05-2008 02:07 PM
Lawn Aerator Jo North Carolina 5 15-03-2006 01:16 AM
lawn aerator; norman Lawns 0 08-03-2006 04:17 AM
Lawn Aerator AgriFab any good? Chris Lawns 3 08-06-2003 02:44 AM