Old 01-07-2016, 01:46 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Default Attempting to break in house

Little canary looking guy has been trying to fly in a slider window.
Keeps at it - flying into and pecking at glass. Others have had problem
but did not name the bird.

http://i67.tinypic.com/2dkcln5.jpg

Could not find in bird book and wonder what his name is. He has a
spouse that is yellow but more like subdued sparrow top.
Old 01-07-2016, 04:18 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

On 6/30/2016 4:46 PM, Frank wrote:
Little canary looking guy has been trying to fly in a slider window.
Keeps at it - flying into and pecking at glass. Others have had problem
but did not name the bird.

http://i67.tinypic.com/2dkcln5.jpg

Could not find in bird book and wonder what his name is. He has a
spouse that is yellow but more like subdued sparrow top.

He could be trying to chase away the other bird he sees in the window.
Cover it for awhile?

Old 01-07-2016, 07:19 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

On 7/1/2016 10:18 AM, Bob F wrote:
On 6/30/2016 4:46 PM, Frank wrote:
Little canary looking guy has been trying to fly in a slider window.
Keeps at it - flying into and pecking at glass. Others have had problem
but did not name the bird.

http://i67.tinypic.com/2dkcln5.jpg

Could not find in bird book and wonder what his name is. He has a
spouse that is yellow but more like subdued sparrow top.

He could be trying to chase away the other bird he sees in the window.
Cover it for awhile?

I thought of that or putting a picture of a snake on the window.
He's not a big bird and I don't want him hurting himself.
Wife worries about birds nesting in the garage and I often have to
remove nests. Even had one built in a cap I had hanging there.
Thought somebody might identify the bird. I've got a good bird book but
he is not there and while looking like a domestic canary, he's got a
spouse, she's been looking for nesting material and I've seen several of
the same birds in the park.
Old 06-07-2016, 02:02 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Gold finch. Don't know why I could not find it.