Old 14-07-2017, 08:29 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Default What is this stuff in my yard?

I have some things on my yard that I am not sure what it is. I have gone
to two garden shops and got two mutually exclusive responses.
After rains the last couple of weeks, I have a cottony cover on my
grass (I thought originally it was stuff from the cottonwood or some
weed sticking to the wet grass (see picture). However, soon I realized
that the grass in the area was turning brown in roughly the outline of
the cottony cover. One guy suggested fungicide and another just thought
I should fertilize and it would come back.
These are seen only after a rain, it seems to be only in areas that
are full or near full sun. And it has been high temperatures in the high
80s and 90s F. Then rain, immediate cool down and these little buggers
appear.
Any suggestion?
http://imgur.com/M3roAaC
http://imgur.com/3MsIWYL
Old 14-07-2017, 11:19 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

On 7/14/2017 2:29 PM, Kurt V. Ullman wrote:
[...]

You're in the right place. May take a while but I'm betting answers
will be better than you got from the garden centers. Mine have been.