Old 09-05-2003, 05:56 PM
brian johnson

Default cutting lawn

I've yet to fertilize my lawn this year and now it needs a cut. Should I
fertilize before or after my cut?

If its helpful I'm in London Ontario. Between Detroit and Toronto.

Old 09-05-2003, 07:44 PM
Peter H

"brian johnson" wrote in message
.. .
I've yet to fertilize my lawn this year and now it needs a cut. Should I
fertilize before or after my cut?

If its helpful I'm in London Ontario. Between Detroit and Toronto.

Assuming that you are using granular fertilizer it makes no difference.

Peter H
( born and raised in London Ontario btw )

Old 09-05-2003, 08:32 PM
Sam

i just cut mine today, then applied weed n' feed. i think it is better to
cut first.
kitchener, ontario

SaM

Old 10-05-2003, 02:20 AM

"brian johnson" wrote:
I've yet to fertilize my lawn this year and now it needs a cut. Should I
fertilize before or after my cut?

If its helpful I'm in London Ontario. Between Detroit and Toronto.

After.

--
GO# 40
http://NewsReader.Com/
Old 11-05-2003, 02:44 AM
Al Giordano

I actually fertilize DURING my first cut. The long grass helps line up the
rows and overlap so that I don't get any lines without food. I pull a
fertilizer/aerator with my lawn tractor.

Al

Old 11-05-2003, 10:20 AM
Victor Grund

As other noted, it doesn't much matter when you do it. If you are using a
drop spreader, personally I would mow it first to ensure the grass blades
don't interfere with even delivery.

Toro makes a spreader for my "super recycler" walk-behind. I never went
for it (opting for the relatively goof-proof solution of a push rotary
spreader).

.net...

Old 12-05-2003, 05:09 PM
Chris

"Al Giordano" wrote in
.net:

I actually fertilize DURING my first cut. The long grass helps line
up the rows and overlap so that I don't get any lines without food. I
pull a fertilizer/aerator with my lawn tractor.

Al

"brian johnson" wrote in message
.. .
I've yet to fertilize my lawn this year and now it needs a cut.
Should I fertilize before or after my cut?

If its helpful I'm in London Ontario. Between Detroit and Toronto.

To avoid gaps, I use a drop spreader set for 1/2 the mfg. reccomended
setting. Then cover the area in 2 different directions (north/south then
east/west) This gives the best overall results IMHO.

Chris
Old 12-05-2003, 06:20 PM
Victor Grund

The settings on many spreaders are not necessarily linear, so you aren't
necessarily delivering half the amount if you half the setting.

"Chris" wrote in message
45...
"Al Giordano" wrote in
.net: