Old 05-09-2019, 11:44 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Default sears push lawn mower question -

I can start lawn mower and begin to cut the grass with a grass catcher. When
full the mower is shut off while I empty catcher. When I try to start mower
again it won't start .It has to cool down before it will start again. This
happens everytime. Any idea?

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/lawn-g...ion-20016-.htm

Old 06-09-2019, 09:41 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

On Thursday, September 5, 2019 at 5:44:05 PM UTC-4, Bob Hall wrote:
I can start lawn mower and begin to cut the grass with a grass catcher. When
full the mower is shut off while I empty catcher. When I try to start mower
again it won't start .It has to cool down before it will start again. This
happens everytime. Any idea?

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/lawn-g...ion-20016-.htm

How are you trying to start it? If you're fiddling with the primer
and/or choke when it's hot that could be an issue. Should just
try to start it without that. If that's not the issue, I'd start with
the simple stuff, make sure air filter is clean, put a new plug in if
the existing one is old. Sometimes an ignition coil going bad gets
weak as it gets hotter. With the engine running, might be enough
spark there to keep it going, but no enough to re-start it. I'd
check for spark at the plug when it won't start.
Old 07-09-2019, 10:14 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

replying to trader4, Bob Hall wrote:
I use pull rope to start. Air cleaner is good. Spark plug new. Will check for
spark the next time. Thanks.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/lawn-g...ion-20016-.htm

Old 07-09-2019, 10:14 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

replying to Bob Hall, Bob Hall wrote:
I use a pull rope to start the mower. Spark is new and air cleaner is clean. I
will check for spark. Thanks.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/lawn-g...ion-20016-.htm

Old 07-09-2019, 10:45 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

On Saturday, September 7, 2019 at 4:14:04 PM UTC-4, Bob Hall wrote:
replying to trader4, Bob Hall wrote:
I use pull rope to start. Air cleaner is good. Spark plug new. Will check for
spark the next time. Thanks.

To check it for spark, take the plug out, reconnect it to the wire
and use a jumper wire to ground the metal of the plug to the engine.
It can be hard to see the spark, doing it in a darkened garage makes
it easy to see.