Old 31-05-2020, 04:44 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Default Eon Decking Problems

replying to GMF, mike wrote:
I've had an eon deck for over 15 years and don't' have the problems you guys
speak of. I love this deck! Yes there is expansion and contraction that
happens..which EON has said will happen with this product from up front. It's
most noticeable to me when the summer sun first hits it. You can hear the odd
sound, like a crack or a pop. It's nothing crazy though. It's probably the
plastic deck board expanding around snug T clips. But literally after a minute
those couple of cracking sounds pass. A small price to pay for all the
benefits I get from this deck. No staining, warping or splinters. It cleans up
really nice. And it's solid! When I built my deck I worked with Home Depot to
determine how my undercarriage of the deck should be build, following codes
and recommendations to have a good solid structure. Perhaps you're getting
all this squeaking and popping when you walk around the deck because the
undercarriage has just a little too much give...in conjunction with tight
clips. Just a thought. The biggest thing that I'm not happy about with this
product is that it has faded a bit. It's not drastic, but it is noticeable
when you move something that's been in place for a while (ie a bench). From
what I've seen of some composite products, I still prefer EON. While the
composite products look good They don't seem to be as durable or long lasting.
But this is coming from someone who doesn't own any composite decking himself.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/lawn-g...lems-2148-.htm

Old 17-05-2021, 04:15 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
CRM CRM is offline

Mike, I agree. We have had our eon deck for 16 years now and love it. You always know if the temp outside is changing because it does creak and crack.
Have you ever found anything to "revive" the fading/dullness? I would love to shine it up a bit.

--
For full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/lawn-g...lems-2148-.htm

Eon Decking Problems Digman1 Lawns 5 28-07-2005 07:31 PM
Decking RD United Kingdom 4 20-09-2003 04:32 PM
Decking and turfing - help! have they done it right? xtinexoop United Kingdom 2 08-05-2003 11:44 AM
Membrane, decking timber etc Dave United Kingdom 0 19-03-2003 02:44 PM
FA: Decking A Practical Step by Step Guide ripper United Kingdom 0 28-01-2003 09:31 PM