Old 11-05-2003, 12:08 AM
Jeff Guay

Default Sprinkler pressure problems

Hi,
This new house we bought has existing inground lawn sprinklers. I turned
them on for the first time today and it appears there are 7 zones with 5
rotor heads apiece. Unfortunately they do not spray very far. (some only
10 feet) I feel that it is because my house is on a pump. The pump shows
about 33 lbs of static pressure. Also the line appears to be 3/4" not 1".
Can I correct this by adding a booster pump to the sprinkler system? Will
it work with another pump?
I designed and installed the sprinkler system at our last house and it
worked great, however we were on city water at 90 psi.
The lawn here is beautiful sod and I don't want to have to dig it all up.
Please help.
Thanks,
Jeff

Old 11-05-2003, 01:20 AM
Louis

Have you confirmed that there is no trash in the screens of the system? I
once bought a new home to find that an disgruntled employee had clogged the
line of the kitchen sink with a piece of clear plastic. Fortunately, I had
an air compressor and blew the line out to discover his displeasure. This
was quiet by accident. Something told me to do that.
However, you may be right on the pump thing. Talk with a local sprinkler
company for some thoughts. 33# seems a bit low. I would want about 45 to
50#.

Old 11-05-2003, 02:20 AM
Jeff Guay

Unfortunately I think the system was installed by the previous homeowner, so
I can't go back on him.

.net...