Old 13-05-2003, 01:08 AM
CNB

Default How do you clean your mower deck?

This is sort of in the same vein as a previous poster, but I am just curious
as to how and how often you guys clean your mower decks on your riding
mowers. Back when I had a Snapper, I could just prop the thing up on its
hind legs and spray underneath it. I can't do that with a 500lb LX266. After
each mow I'm on my hands and knees spraying a jet of water underneath the
deck but with all the impaction and buildup there's only so much I can get
off. It usually requires about an hour of scraping, chiseling, and cussing.
I've posted and have seen others post about the optional hose attachments
but I've seen nobody comment on them. Whats the quickest and most efficient
way to get a good cleaning underneath the deck? Come on pros, lets hear some
comments on this.

CNB

Old 13-05-2003, 04:08 AM
Die Spammer !!!

CNB wrote:

This is sort of in the same vein as a previous poster, but I am just curious
as to how and how often you guys clean your mower decks on your riding
mowers. Back when I had a Snapper, I could just prop the thing up on its
hind legs and spray underneath it. I can't do that with a 500lb LX266. After
each mow I'm on my hands and knees spraying a jet of water underneath the
deck but with all the impaction and buildup there's only so much I can get
off. It usually requires about an hour of scraping, chiseling, and cussing.
I've posted and have seen others post about the optional hose attachments
but I've seen nobody comment on them. Whats the quickest and most efficient
way to get a good cleaning underneath the deck? Come on pros, lets hear some
comments on this.

CNB

Umm, you dont need theee posts exactly the same. I understood the first one
perfectly.

Old 14-05-2003, 02:20 AM
Andy & Lucinda

That was my post last week. I pretty much have to take the deck off
every other week or so and scrape it out, too. Haven't made it up to
the farm yet to swipe some slip plate from grandpa's shop. Still like
the idea of the hose fittings, but apparently, no one has ever bought
one!

Andy

Does anyone out there have one of the newer MTD Troy-Bilts with the new

"flush-out-yer-deck" garden hose fittings on the mower deck? Interested
in how well it works and if you'd be willing to communicate some details
about it. Sounds like a good idea that I could reverse-engineer to my
garden tractor.

--
***remove "spambomb" from address to reply...***