Old 13-05-2003, 11:32 AM
groggey

Default overseeder questions

Our lawn was neglected by the previous owners and I am just starting to get
it back in shape. But one of the problems I have is there is a lot of low
and bumpy spots that are bare. Can I use a overseeder and have the bare and
low spots fill in with new seed? Or should I fill the low spots? Should I
just buy some loam dump a wheel barrow full and rake it into the low spots?
Than seed?

Old 13-05-2003, 12:08 PM

"groggey" wrote:
Our lawn was neglected by the previous owners and I am just starting to
get it back in shape. But one of the problems I have is there is a lot
of low and bumpy spots that are bare. Can I use a overseeder and have
the bare and low spots fill in with new seed? Or should I fill the low
spots? Should I just buy some loam dump a wheel barrow full and rake it
into the low spots? Than seed?

Slice seeders don't do well with low spots,since the slicers follow the
terrain that the tires are on. Better to fill and seed.

--
GO# 40
http://NewsReader.Com/