Old 18-05-2003, 03:56 PM
Daryl Grier

Default salt tolerance

Looking for ideas for flowering plants to plant near the ocean in northeast
to central Florida. I already know about gazanias and periwinkles.
Looking for somehting different. TIA Daryl

Old 24-05-2003, 08:56 PM
Shirley Thebaglady

How about Beach Roses (Rugosa rose)
Very low maintenance and will grow and expand in sand. They flower and
get a berry, it is caled Rose-Hips in th Fall.

I live in Massachusetts. I have some and they grow at our Beaches here.
I live 1 mile away from our beach. They are very pretty in the sand and
the breeze makes them look so pretty as they sway back and forth.

They grow about 3-4 feet tall and their roots spread under ground and
new growth comes up in the Spring. They do not need pruning or feeding,
just sunny spots.

salt tolerance in rice Puppy Plant Science 1 01-06-2006 02:46 PM
GOVT'S POLICY ON GM TOLERANCE CHASES RAINBOWS David Kendra sci.agriculture 0 20-09-2003 02:32 PM
temperature tolerance for phals dada Orchids 4 14-09-2003 09:02 PM
Rock Salt vs Pond Salt itten Ponds 1 18-05-2003 01:20 PM
Cold tolerance of Oncidium Sharry Baby Wink Orchids 13 13-03-2003 12:45 AM