Old 23-05-2003, 07:44 PM
John

Default John Deere Lawn Tractor

If it helps your confidence, I've had one for a year and a half (under the
Sabre badge but same unit) and it's been great. I would recommend it for
anyone with a fairly level, non-punishing yard. I cut a half acre in 20
minutes. It's not as fast nor nearly as beefy as my old JD 140 cutting 4
acres was, but very cost effective for this smaller yard. I wouldn't trade
it for TWO crapsmen.

"Ray" wrote in message
Hi, I'm the one that started this thread - We purchased the L110 yesterday
and the top advertised speed is 5.8 mph.
My wife used the L110 today for the first time but I wasn't home, so I

can't
vouch if the cutting speed is slower that the traveling speed at full
throttle.

The L110 will cut in reverse even though it is not recommended in the
Opmanual. To do this you have to hold down a switch on the console
momentarily until reverse movement is attained. If this button is not

held
down, it will shut down the tractor. This is some kind of safety switch

make you look behind the tractor before you start traveling in reverse

with
the cutting blades engaged.

As far as pulling power I could not find anything in the documentation.

The
tractor comes with a 17.5 hp kohler engine, OHV and a pressurised oil

system
with a spin on oil filter. I do know that they sell utility carts to pull
behind.

Hope this helps you out.

Ray

"Richard" wrote in message
m...
I'm about to buy a tractor and I'd like to know what the maximum speed
that the L110 can cut assuming that the cutting is not slowing the
tractor. (walking speed, fast walk, trot etc..)

I'd also like to know if it is practical to buy a trailer for it.
About how much weight do you think it could pull given ideal traction
and level ground? 100#, 200# etc..

Will the L110 mow in reverse?

Richard

Old 10-06-2003, 02:08 AM
MarkG

I just bought a John Deere L110. Had it delivered, and it wouldn't
start. Yes, the blade was disengaged, the brake was on and I was
sitting on the seat. When I turn the key, all I get is a single
"click." There was also gas in the tank, but I never got that far as
the starter wouldn't run.

I thought it was the battery, so I hooked up the battery charger. It
said the battery was full.

The dealer said they would swap it out for a new one and that they
were having "some problems."

Has anyone had problems with the L110?

I sure hope the new tractor isn't a dud. I was really disappointed.
I thought John Deere had a reputation for high quality.
Old 10-06-2003, 02:08 AM

On 9 Jun 2003 18:03:08 -0700, (MarkG) wrote:

I thought John Deere had a reputation for high quality.

I think "had" is the key word here.

Old 10-06-2003, 04:08 AM
Ray

I purchased an L110 about 3 weeks and the only problem encountered so far
is - you need to ensure the ignition is turned all the way to the right. If
you don't, the hour/service meter continues to run throwing off your service
intervals. My wife left the key on the headlight position and the meter
continued to click until the battery went dead.
Hope that helps
Ray

om...

Old 11-06-2003, 01:08 AM
Chip G.

In article , MarkG
wrote:

I just bought a John Deere L110. Had it delivered, and it wouldn't
start. Yes, the blade was disengaged, the brake was on and I was
sitting on the seat. When I turn the key, all I get is a single
"click." There was also gas in the tank, but I never got that far as
the starter wouldn't run.

I thought it was the battery, so I hooked up the battery charger. It
said the battery was full.

The dealer said they would swap it out for a new one and that they
were having "some problems."

Has anyone had problems with the L110?

I sure hope the new tractor isn't a dud. I was really disappointed.
I thought John Deere had a reputation for high quality.

John Deere tractors have a well deserved reputation. The L1xx series
are a low-end tractor aimed for the small home user. They have had some
problems. My dealer said that last year there were head gasket problems
on all the L1xx series tractors. That was a factor in my spending
considerably more for an LX288.

--
--Chip
remove dots in prefix to fix email address

Old 26-02-2004, 03:43 PM
Registered User

Location: Mahomet IL

I just bought a 2004 SSt-16 and I absolutley love it! I have a trailer for it and a snow blade attachment. You can do whatever you pretty much want with it just like any other JD tractor. You just have to be carefull for inclines or slopes unless you have the weight kit.
Old 26-02-2004, 03:51 PM
Registered User