Old 20-05-2003, 05:56 PM
rb

Default privacy screen

I have a row of azalea bushes approx 6' high across my back yard. The back
yard faces a busy street. We have a family room on the back of the house
with lots of glass. When the azaleas aren't thick with greenery, you can
see right into our family room from the street. This isn't major, but is
something I'd like to change.

Question is what materials are available to put up some kind of privacy
screen on the inside of the bushes to block out some or all the view from
the street? A solid board fence is out. I thought about latticework
sections. Other ideas?

Old 22-05-2003, 03:56 AM
Brandi

Hi,
Did you mean a totally private fence is out or a fence in general is out?
If it's the first, there are privacy fences that you can see through at an
angle but not when you look straight on - a passing car really wouldn't be
able to see through - I think it's call a shadowbox - places like Lowes
and/or Home Depot would have them.

If a fence in general is out of the question....
Some baby pines (3-5 feet) would be nice - choose ones that keep their
needles all year. Or a few pear trees a few feet behind and alternating
between each azalea - when they flower it will be beautiful and people will
look there instead of your family room!

Brandi

"rb" wrote in message ...
I have a row of azalea bushes approx 6' high across my back yard. The

back
yard faces a busy street. We have a family room on the back of the house
with lots of glass. When the azaleas aren't thick with greenery, you can
see right into our family room from the street. This isn't major, but is
something I'd like to change.

Question is what materials are available to put up some kind of privacy
screen on the inside of the bushes to block out some or all the view from
the street? A solid board fence is out. I thought about latticework
sections. Other ideas?

Absolute fastest Growing hedge plant for tall privacy screen???? joe Gardening 8 01-03-2006 05:22 PM
Privacy screen suggestions? Gary Gardening 8 10-04-2005 03:43 AM
Privacy screen suggestions? Gary Ponds 8 10-04-2005 03:43 AM
Privacy Screen Mark Bornfeld Gardening 1 09-08-2004 04:03 AM
Conifers as privacy screen Ron Blocher Lawns 0 20-07-2003 02:53 AM