GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   ground ivy (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/lawns/28177-ground-ivy.html)

icycle 22-05-2003 04:56 PM

ground ivy

an infestation of ground ivy has found a home in my bermuda lawn here in
Memphis TN.. any recommendations for a weed killer or method of eliminating
this ?

Hugh Jass 22-05-2003 09:32 PM

ground ivy

If it's ivy, try 2,4-D or MSMA. If it's creeping Charlie, a 5 megaton
nuke ought to do it.

Hugh Jass

[email protected] 22-05-2003 11:32 PM

ground ivy

icycle wrote:
an infestation of ground ivy has found a home in my bermuda lawn here in
Memphis TN.. any recommendations for a weed killer or method of
eliminating this ?

Ortho weed-b-gone works.

--
GO# 40
http://NewsReader.Com/

Carl e Roberts 23-05-2003 12:44 AM

ground ivy

a "google" search also brought up the name "Glechoma hederacea" - it even has its
own web page.. unfortunatley it looks like now I'm in the market for a 5 megaton
nuke..

[email protected] 23-05-2003 12:56 AM

ground ivy

icycle wrote:
an infestation of ground ivy has found a home in my bermuda lawn here
in Memphis TN.. any recommendations for a weed killer or method of
eliminating this ?

Ground ivy ain't even on my hard to kill list. (btw,top posting sucks)

--
GO# 40
http://NewsReader.Com/

Heywood Jablomee 23-05-2003 03:08 AM