Old 26-05-2003, 05:32 PM
M Osborne

Default New deep water well

I am building a house in a semi-rural area, and wonder what type of well
pump to get. I hear about constant pressure systems that are fairly new
technology and wonder how much better they are then the traditional pump
that has a variable pressure rate?

On items like this that could last 20+ years, I tend to be conservative
and go for proven / trusted technology.

Just curious what your experiences have been.

Is there anything else I should specify with the well before it is dug?
My water survey says that an aquafer is approximately 220ft below the
surface.

Thanks,
Mike

Old 28-05-2003, 02:08 AM
Clay

I use a submersible pump that is 300 feet underground and it does a good
job. I don't know what kind of brands you have there, but they don't seem to
much difference in them. Be sure to use a BRASS fitting in the end of the
pump as it will rust a hole in it with regulat galvinized fittings. I have a
1.5 horsepower but you could use a 1 hp in yours I think.

"M Osborne" wrote in message
I am building a house in a semi-rural area, and wonder what type of well
pump to get. I hear about constant pressure systems that are fairly new
technology and wonder how much better they are then the traditional pump
that has a variable pressure rate?

On items like this that could last 20+ years, I tend to be conservative
and go for proven / trusted technology.

Just curious what your experiences have been.

Is there anything else I should specify with the well before it is dug?
My water survey says that an aquafer is approximately 220ft below the
surface.

Thanks,
Mike

---

Old 05-07-2003, 02:08 PM
Joe Zorzin

There is a good newsgroup for such a problem- if you can get it-
pdaxs.services.plumbing
--
Joe Zorzin

"M Osborne" wrote in message
I am building a house in a semi-rural area, and wonder what type of well
pump to get. I hear about constant pressure systems that are fairly new
technology and wonder how much better they are then the traditional pump
that has a variable pressure rate?

On items like this that could last 20+ years, I tend to be conservative
and go for proven / trusted technology.

Just curious what your experiences have been.

Is there anything else I should specify with the well before it is dug?
My water survey says that an aquafer is approximately 220ft below the
surface.

Thanks,
Mike

Pump blockage - Cleaning the 'deep well' - Plant explosion Phyllis and Jim Ponds (moderated) 1 12-07-2009 09:21 PM
Well well! mark United Kingdom 6 12-03-2009 12:51 AM
Well well! Gordon H[_3_] United Kingdom 0 11-03-2009 11:23 PM
How deep is too deep? Andrew Burgess Ponds 22 02-06-2004 04:13 AM
water circulation in deep well John Bachman Ponds 3 10-06-2003 03:56 PM