GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Foxtails: How do I rid myself of them? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/lawns/29704-foxtails-how-do-i-rid-myself-them.html)

GamePlayer No. 1058 30-05-2003 12:44 AM

Foxtails: How do I rid myself of them?

I live in a very rural area, up in the mountains of So. Calif about 3800 to
4000 feet.

My yard is full of foxtails. My lawn for the most part is indeed lawn, but
there are areas that are filled with foxtails. The empty lot across the
street is full of foxtails as is most of the mountain sides up here.

I've been to my local big chain store (home depot and lowes), and asked one
of them for something that will kill the foxtails but not kill the lawn, the
person told me that they are of the same variety, so what kills one, will
kill the other. Is this true, or is there something I can get chemically to
kill off the foxtails that are in my yard but not harm the lawn?

Thanks,

Patch 30-05-2003 05:44 PM

Foxtails: How do I rid myself of them?

"GamePlayer No. 1058" wrote in message
s.com...
I live in a very rural area, up in the mountains of So. Calif about 3800

4000 feet.

My yard is full of foxtails. My lawn for the most part is indeed lawn,

but
there are areas that are filled with foxtails. The empty lot across the
street is full of foxtails as is most of the mountain sides up here.

I've been to my local big chain store (home depot and lowes), and asked

one
of them for something that will kill the foxtails but not kill the lawn,

the
person told me that they are of the same variety, so what kills one, will
kill the other. Is this true, or is there something I can get chemically

kill off the foxtails that are in my yard but not harm the lawn?

Thanks,

Have you looked at "Ortho-Weed-be-gone"? Should say on the bottle if it

kills Foxtail.