GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   new mower (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/lawns/30152-new-mower.html)

Leyf 02-06-2003 04:32 AM

new mower

After too much fighting with the wheels of my old American Yard Products
mower, I finally got a new mulching mower today! (Hopefully the wheels stay
on this one!) What's the best way to keep the bottom of a mulching mower
clean? Any tips?

When I mow before applying weed'n'feed should I mulch or bag and should I
mow high or low?

Leyf

[email protected] 02-06-2003 11:56 AM

new mower

"Leyf" wrote:
After too much fighting with the wheels of my old American Yard Products
mower, I finally got a new mulching mower today! (Hopefully the wheels
stay on this one!) What's the best way to keep the bottom of a mulching
mower clean? Any tips?

I use my pressure washer. Oh and spray some wd-40 or graphite based lube
on it before you use it, it may inhibit grass sticking somewhat.

When I mow before applying weed'n'feed should I mulch or bag and should I
mow high or low?

Leyf

Mow high, you'll leave more foliage for the weed control to stick to.
(be sure the grass&weeds are damp first)

--
GO# 40
http://NewsReader.Com/

Bill Freeman 04-06-2003 11:56 PM

new mower

You can also use, believe it not, generic "PAM" spray. It's
non-toxic, bio-degradable on whatever you mow over. Spray silicone is also
nice. Just remember that the overspray will be slippery and could hurt
grass (as opposed to concrete).

Bill