GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   pathmate paving stone concrete mold (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/lawns/30308-pathmate-paving-stone-concrete-mold.html)

Cory Lechner 03-06-2003 06:20 AM

pathmate paving stone concrete mold

I am planning to put in a concrete patio beside our deck, and we are considering using the "Odjob pathmate (random stone)" concrete mold to fill up the space with a cheap but attractive alternative to paving stones.

1) Any ideas / comments / ideas?
2) Anyone every tried this?

Check out what beside our deck looks like... We plan to put the stone mold up to the edge of the large garage door, then put in a regular driveway. Any help / advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

Cory Lechner
Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada

Mike Bales 03-06-2003 10:20 AM

"Cory Lechner" wrote in message
I am planning to put in a concrete patio beside our deck, and we are
considering using the "Odjob pathmate (random stone)" concrete mold to fill
up the space with a cheap but attractive alternative to paving stones.

1) Any ideas / comments / ideas?
2) Anyone every tried this?

-----------------------

You are where it's cold, no?

What is the effect with water getting inbetween grooves and freezing?

Cory Lechner 03-06-2003 10:20 AM

"Mike Bales" mbales ( at ) bigfoot ( dot ) com wrote in message
"Cory Lechner" wrote in message
I am planning to put in a concrete patio beside our deck, and we are
considering using the "Odjob pathmate (random stone)" concrete mold to

fill
up the space with a cheap but attractive alternative to paving stones.

1) Any ideas / comments / ideas?
2) Anyone every tried this?

-----------------------

You are where it's cold, no?

What is the effect with water getting inbetween grooves and freezing?

Good question??? Anyone?

Deb Johnston 27-05-2009 05:25 PM

These molds create what is quintessentially a paving stone like any other (these ones are just more aesthetically pleasing) so the cold doesn't affect them any more than standard pavers/patio stones. There is space between the concrete to use pebbles/sand/dirt. There will be some movement, especially as the ground thaws/freezes (and here in Regina that is ALL the time between September and oh...June LOL).

I have a pathmate and intend to redo my patio with them. I used them in Fort McMurray (temperatures there vary from +34C in summer to -48C in winter and they did marvelously so I don't anticipate any problems here.

With a smile,
Deb
Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada

blaze22 13-06-2011 12:05 PM

If you want to make patio in your garden of home then paver plastic mould is the best thing that will help you to build patio easily. Paver blocks will also make patio more attractive where you would always like to walk.
To create patio, you need to dig according to the paver block thickness then split a layer of sands with cements to make more strong patio. Now you can put the paver blocks over there.