GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   salt water erosion (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/lawns/30862-salt-water-erosion.html)

Leyf 07-06-2003 05:56 AM

salt water erosion

Anyone have any suggestions for something invasive that could be planted on
a bank. The bank is being eroded by a salt lake, so whatever is planted has
to be salt tolerant. I'm guessing that the hardiness zone is 5a or 5b. Soil
is mostly fine gravel and clay & soil amendment is impractical.

Leyf

Leyf 08-06-2003 02:44 AM

salt water erosion

I don't think zoysia can withstand a Canadian winter. I need something
winter hardy. It's a steep bank & needs to be a "no-maintenance" plant.

Leyf

"Scott Downey" wrote in message
zoysia I believe is salt tolerant but grows slowly.
le.rogers.com...