GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Ironite on lawn? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/lawns/31026-ironite-lawn.html)

Ron 08-06-2003 02:44 PM

Ironite on lawn?

Looking for user's experiences on Ironite.

Timothy 09-06-2003 05:08 AM

Ironite on lawn?

On Sun, 08 Jun 2003 06:35:46 -0700, Ron wrote:

Looking for user's experiences on Ironite.

I used to use it on my lawn once a year in the fall. It encourages good
root development and greens the grass up very nicely. But after doing
research on the product, I find that it contains far too many heavy metals
for me. It appears that ironite is made from mine trailing and it contains
arsenic and lead.
http://www.watoxics.org/content/pdf/...sumerFacts.pdf
If you would like to look up metal content in inronite or any other
fertilizer for yourself look he
http://www-app2.wa.gov/agr/product1....iewTable&ltr=I

--
http://yard-works.netfirms.com