GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   tree name? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/lawns/31346-tree-name.html)

Guglielmo Portas 10-06-2003 04:32 PM

tree name?

Hi all,

In Chicago and I'm sure elsewhere, we have these trees that give off
white floaty thingies, that blow all over in the wind. I think they
just finished their 3-week run until next year. I heard that they are
from a "female-type of a certain tree that no-one plants anymore" just
because of these annoying floaty things. Anyone know the name of the
tree?

TIA

[email protected] 10-06-2003 04:32 PM

tree name?

(Guglielmo Portas) wrote:
Hi all,

In Chicago and I'm sure elsewhere, we have these trees that give off
white floaty thingies, that blow all over in the wind. I think they
just finished their 3-week run until next year. I heard that they are
from a "female-type of a certain tree that no-one plants anymore" just
because of these annoying floaty things. Anyone know the name of the
tree?

TIA

It's a Poplar called Cottonwood.

--
GO# 40
http://NewsReader.Com/

Chip Stein 11-06-2003 05:08 AM

tree name?

(Guglielmo Portas) wrote in message . com...
Hi all,

In Chicago and I'm sure elsewhere, we have these trees that give off
white floaty thingies, that blow all over in the wind. I think they
just finished their 3-week run until next year. I heard that they are
from a "female-type of a certain tree that no-one plants anymore" just
because of these annoying floaty things. Anyone know the name of the
tree?

TIA

in st. louis we called them cottonwood trees. probably not the
technical name but everyone knew what they were.
Chip

Guglielmo Portas 11-06-2003 03:56 PM

tree name?

Yes, that's it. Thanks.