GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Please, help me to get rid of worms (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/lawns/31347-please-help-me-get-rid-worms.html)

a1ik 10-06-2003 04:44 PM

Please, help me to get rid of worms

Hello all,

I discovered that all my ever green bushes are covered with worms ( see
picture at http://alik.wox.org/worm/DSC04142small.jpg ). They shake once in
awhile and make specific noise. I will really appreciate if anyone help me
to identify those worms and suggest a treatment. I live in Toronto, Ontario.
The picture was taken on June 10, 2003.

Thank you very much,

--Alexander

Patch 10-06-2003 09:08 PM

Please, help me to get rid of worms

"a1ik" wrote in message
e.rogers.com...
Hello all,

I discovered that all my ever green bushes are covered with worms ( see
picture at http://alik.wox.org/worm/DSC04142small.jpg ). They shake once

in
awhile and make specific noise. I will really appreciate if anyone help me
to identify those worms and suggest a treatment. I live in Toronto,

Ontario.
The picture was taken on June 10, 2003.

Thank you very much,

--Alexander

Just take one to your local garden shop & ask for help.

Merlyne 11-06-2003 11:21 AM

a1ik said:

Hello all,

I discovered that all my ever green bushes are covered with worms ( see
picture at http://alik.wox.org/worm/DSC04142small.jpg ). They shake once
in awhile and make specific noise. I will really appreciate if anyone
help me to identify those worms and suggest a treatment. I live in
Toronto, Ontario. The picture was taken on June 10, 2003.

Thank you very much,

--Alexander

They look like spruce bud worms to me....and I'd spray them with RAID.

--
Merlyne
ICQ 46165377 AIM merlyne2 YAHOO merlyne_1999

"I am far too complex to be explained in a usenet post." - Phil

Dave G 11-06-2003 04:08 PM

Please, help me to get rid of worms

I'm in Florida so I don't know how much help this will be but worms
and catapillers are sprayed with Dipel or BT. Bacilus
Thurienginsussp. It is non toxic to people and deadly to worms.
Check with your extension office.

dg