GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Damage from Lawn mower tires (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/lawns/31476-damage-lawn-mower-tires.html)

Tin Man 11-06-2003 01:08 PM

Damage from Lawn mower tires

I seeded a small section of my lawn with Kentucky Blue grass this
spring and with the wet weather, it has really grown well. The problem
I'm having is, I don't know what the recommended height for cutting
this grass. As of right now, in most areas it's 3.0 – 3.5 inches in
height, if I had to guess.

I tried cutting the new grass a few weeks ago, when the weather was
dry, but I seem to have done a considerable amount of damage to the
new area from the lawn mower wheels. After 2 weeks of watering and
adding a little fertilizer, I'm beginning to see brown areas exactly
where the lawn tires made there indentation into the grass.

Questions:
1.How can I keep the brown areas from reoccurring when I cut the lawn
again?