GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   New sod (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/lawns/31491-new-sod.html)

Pigskin 4skin 11-06-2003 04:08 PM

New sod

Hi,

Installed new sod this past Sunday. The previous day, I removed the old
sod that was in place for the last 5 years or so.. Out of the 300 or so
pieces that I layed, there's about 10 pieces all within the same area
that have already turned brown. Any idea? Is there hope for those 10 or
so pieces or should I just remove them and put new ones?

Thanks,

Punch 11-06-2003 07:09 PM

New sod

"Pigskin 4skin" wrote in message
Hi,

Installed new sod this past Sunday. The previous day, I removed the old
sod that was in place for the last 5 years or so.. Out of the 300 or so
pieces that I layed, there's about 10 pieces all within the same area
that have already turned brown. Any idea? Is there hope for those 10 or
so pieces or should I just remove them and put new ones?

Thanks,

did you water the grass right away?
did youadd topsoil to provide nutrients?

punch