Old 11-06-2003, 07:09 PM
Punch

Default the rain never stops

I need to cut my lawn but it has rained nightly for the last 10 nights, the
grass is soaked by morning.

can I cut it wet?

Old 12-06-2003, 02:56 AM
Victor Grund

I many people who frequent this newsgroup know the feeling! It's always
best to avoid cutting grass wet. For one thing it's dangerous because wet
grass is slippery. Also mowing wet grass can spread fungal infections all
over the lawn.

As an absolute last resort I'll mow when the grass is damp, not wet. When
this happens I invariably bag clippings rather than mulch them because the
grass has grown so high. Set the mower higher to minimize the length of the
cut. Lower the mower and cut it a second time after a few days. This will
minimize the shock to the grass.

Victor

.. .

Old 12-06-2003, 09:20 AM
Bill Freeman

If you can find your grass dry for a day, just cut and let the
cuttings fall on top if there is intermittant rain coming in for the
following days. The followup rain will help decompose and feed the grass.
If there is a dry, sunny spell coming in .. . bag your cuttings for compost.
The hot sunny weather will ruin your grass. You can mulch the grass if the
grass isn't too high above normal cutting height (no more than 3/4 of an
inch beyond).

"Victor Grund" wrote in message
.net...
I many people who frequent this newsgroup know the feeling! It's always
best to avoid cutting grass wet. For one thing it's dangerous because wet
grass is slippery. Also mowing wet grass can spread fungal infections all
over the lawn.

As an absolute last resort I'll mow when the grass is damp, not wet. When
this happens I invariably bag clippings rather than mulch them because the
grass has grown so high. Set the mower higher to minimize the length of

the
cut. Lower the mower and cut it a second time after a few days. This

will
minimize the shock to the grass.

Victor

.. .