Old 20-06-2003, 10:20 PM
Zookie

Default Uh Oh! Teeny red ants...

One of my raised garden beds is teeming with thousands of teeny red ants all
carrying what looks like egg cases or larva. They bite too. I'm planning on
using this bed for planting tomatoes I've started elsewhere's.

What can I do to get rid of these guys and not contaminate the soil for my
vegetables?

I'm hesitant to use poison. Any ideas please?

Zookie

I Never Repeat Gossip...
So Listen Carefully!

Old 23-06-2003, 07:32 AM
Die Spammer

Zookie wrote:

One of my raised garden beds is teeming with thousands of teeny red ants all
carrying what looks like egg cases or larva. They bite too. I'm planning on
using this bed for planting tomatoes I've started elsewhere's.

What can I do to get rid of these guys and not contaminate the soil for my
vegetables?

I'm hesitant to use poison. Any ideas please?

use Grant liquid ant bait. you can put several drops on a leaf that is near the
hole which will kill every ant in a few days... or try the metal stakes