Old 03-07-2003, 02:44 PM
n0sPaM

Default Spider control = how?

There are bait for ants, earwigs, cockroaches but I can't seem to find bait
for spider. How can I control spider in my house and garden? I asked the
guy in Home Depot and they told me to use some Spider killer to spot kill
them -- this is useful when you see the spider.. but not sure if there is a
better way, like those ant bait etc. thanks for help.

N.S.

Old 03-07-2003, 06:11 PM
Nan

On Thu, 03 Jul 2003 13:43:30 GMT, "n0sPaM"
wrote:

There are bait for ants, earwigs, cockroaches but I can't seem to find bait
for spider. How can I control spider in my house and garden? I asked the
guy in Home Depot and they told me to use some Spider killer to spot kill
them -- this is useful when you see the spider.. but not sure if there is a
better way, like those ant bait etc. thanks for help.

N.S.

Unless you have a large infestation, I wouldn't suggest trying to rid
your home of all spiders. They help keep other pests under control by
eating them.

Nan

Old 04-07-2003, 04:44 AM
Barbecue Bob

In article
ogers.com,
"n0sPaM" wrote:

There are bait for ants, earwigs, cockroaches but I can't seem to find bait
for spider.

Spiderbait comes from Australia.

How can I control spider in my house and garden? I asked the
guy in Home Depot and they told me to use some Spider killer to spot kill
them -- this is useful when you see the spider.. but not sure if there is a
better way, like those ant bait etc. thanks for help.

N.S.

They should be punched unconscious.
--
Barbecue Bob serving family-style roast bunny
at convenient restaurants
Old 04-07-2003, 04:44 PM
GamePlayer No. 1058

I've been doing that for years. I live in the mountains and my house ha
always got some Daddy Long legs hiding in the corners. Of course now that
were selling our home, we've had to clean out all the cobwebs and daddy long
legs. Guess some women are squeemish about spiders, hmmm go figure *shrugg*

"n0sPaM" wrote in message
e.rogers.com...
: That's very good point.... I have never thought about that.
:
:
:
: ...
:

Old 13-07-2003, 11:14 PM
teleflora

"Barbecue Bob" wrote in message
In article
ogers.com,
"n0sPaM" wrote:

There are bait for ants, earwigs, cockroaches but I can't seem to find

bait
for spider.

Spiderbait comes from Australia.

How can I control spider in my house and garden? I asked the
guy in Home Depot and they told me to use some Spider killer to spot

kill
them -- this is useful when you see the spider.. but not sure if there

is a
better way, like those ant bait etc. thanks for help.

N.S.

They should be punched unconscious.
--

I was going to suggest stomping, but this could work.

Cindy

Old 15-07-2003, 03:24 AM
teleflora

"teleflora" wrote:

"Barbecue Bob" wrote in message

They should be punched unconscious.
--

I was going to suggest stomping, but this could work.

Cindy

http://www.dropd.com/issue/27/Spiderbait/index.html

I think you would have enjoyed Punched Unconscious. Sorry we couldn't
let you into the restaurant, but you should remember how you behaved
last time.
--

Omigod, were you the bloke behind me when we saw 30 Odd Foot of Grunts???
Admit it, that WAS you, you horses arse.

Cindy

Old 15-07-2003, 04:38 AM
Lloyd Randall

"teleflora" wrote:

"Barbecue Bob" wrote in message

They should be punched unconscious.
--

I was going to suggest stomping, but this could work.

Cindy

http://www.dropd.com/issue/27/Spiderbait/index.html

I think you would have enjoyed Punched Unconscious. Sorry we couldn't
let you into the restaurant, but you should remember how you behaved
last time.
--

Omigod, were you the bloke behind me when we saw 30 Odd Foot of Grunts???
Admit it, that WAS you, you horses arse.

Cindy

Bob is no horses arse. I think everybody here knows you must be
referring to me. I haven't crowed about our encounter and wouldn't have
mentioned it if you hadn't brought it up.

--
Best Regards,
Lloyd
Old 01-08-2003, 02:27 AM
teleflora

"n0sPaM" wrote in message
le.rogers.com...
There are bait for ants, earwigs, cockroaches but I can't seem to find

bait
for spider. How can I control spider in my house and garden? I asked the
guy in Home Depot and they told me to use some Spider killer to spot kill
them -- this is useful when you see the spider.. but not sure if there is

better way, like those ant bait etc. thanks for help.

N.S.

I have a friend who uses those glue traps that are marketed for catching
mice. She sets them in corners and along baseboards. Spiders stick to that
glue really well. I don't recommend them if you DO have mice however.
Brrrrr. I STILL have nightmares about that.

Cindy

Old 29-09-2004, 11:49 AM
Chuck

As somebody already stated, Spiders are great natural bug zappers. Spiders
in your garden will certainly help protect it. The Chinese I believe say
that it is good luck to have a spider as a house guest. As a hobby and to
make some rainy day money selling them, I have bred and raised Mexican red
knee tarantulas. These are the breed you'll see in just about every pet
store there is. They actually can make excellent pets. Their bright
colors, large size, life span, low maintenance, and gentle nature, make them
just about a perfect pet. Not to mention the excellent conversation piece
they make when you have friends over. Here is a link to check them out.

Mexican Red Knee
http://giantspiders.com/B_smithi_species.html

Spiders have an incredible sense of smell, and being
respectful that you may not share the same love I have for
these little 8-legged wonders, this safe and simple suggestion
should work. Try using some "OFF" mosquito repellent around
all your doors and windows and any other entry point you can
see that the spiders may be coming in through. Most spiders
will do an about face upon encountering a surface that has been
sprayed with OFF. Spray it all along your door frames, window
frames and so forth. Its effects are temporary, so you may have
to spray these surfaces twice a week as a minimum. It doesn't
smell too bad, and safe to use around kids and pets if present.

For the most part there are only 2 spiders in the United
States that can harm humans, the Black Widow and the Brown
Recluse or Fiddle Back spider.
http://www.extension.umn.edu/distrib...es/DD6962.html

Spider info and myths you might enjoy.
http://www.washington.edu/burkemuseu...dangerous.html

Cheers
=================

le.rogers.com...

Old 29-09-2004, 02:05 PM
William W. Plummer

Chuck wrote:

[...]

"n0sPaM" wrote in message
le.rogers.com...
There are bait for ants, earwigs, cockroaches but I can't seem to find bait
for spider. How can I control spider in my house and garden? I asked the
guy in Home Depot and they told me to use some Spider killer to spot kill
them -- this is useful when you see the spider.. but not sure if there is a
better way, like those ant bait etc. thanks for help.

N.S.

That's all very interesting but the question was how to get rid of
spiders. Years ago we used to use powdered chlordane which was very
effective and long lasting. But apparently it affected birds' shells
and was banned as a result. I don't know of any replacement that is
anyway equal to chlordane.

Old 06-10-2004, 06:10 AM
Dandelion Acres

Don't kill wasp/hornet nest. They will kill many of your spiders. It's a
catch-22 of sorts, though.

"Chuck" wrote in message
[...]

le.rogers.com...

Old 06-09-2009, 12:41 PM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by n0sPaM View Post
There are bait for ants, earwigs, cockroaches but I can't seem to find bait
for spider. How can I control spider in my house and garden? I asked the
guy in Home Depot and they told me to use some Spider killer to spot kill
them -- this is useful when you see the spider.. but not sure if there is a
better way, like those ant bait etc. thanks for help.

N.S.
I am all for spiders, but I don't really want to see them in the house too often - if you know what I mean. I saw a review of this Bugbuster spider catcher over on Squidoo and got one from Amazon - its splendid!

Garden spider (warning: contains spider) Mad Cow Garden Photos 1 28-09-2012 11:45 AM
Moderated is a control measure for control freaks RTB Ponds 5 28-11-2006 09:37 PM
Ah! Spider! BIG Spider! The Ranger Edible Gardening 9 01-09-2005 03:20 AM
Spider control tennis maynard Orchids 9 15-10-2004 04:42 PM
red spider mite control Janet Tweedy United Kingdom 10 11-09-2003 10:14 AM