Old 14-07-2003, 12:52 PM

Default Lawn Tractor Questions

"Die Spammer !!!" wrote:
why did you repost your original message again m. osborn ?

Are you the moderator here?

--
GO# 40
http://NewsReader.Com/
Old 14-07-2003, 03:02 PM
M. Osborn

"Die Spammer !!!" wrote in message
| why did you repost your original message again m. osborn ?

I only posted it one time.....dunno why you saw it twice.

Old 14-07-2003, 04:12 PM
Tim Fischer

"Peter H" wrote in message
ble.rogers.com...
Back to the original question. I don't know anything about the Sears

model,
but I hear people swear by the Deere's.

I can assure you, hundreds and thousands of homeowners swear AT their
Crapsman.

Buy the Deere.

-Tim

Old 15-07-2003, 01:53 AM
M. Osborn

"Die Spammer !!!" wrote in message

| "M. Osborn" wrote:
|
| "Die Spammer !!!" wrote in message
| | why did you repost your original message again m. osborn ?
| |
| I only posted it one time.....dunno why you saw it twice.
|
| I saw it twice. once for your original post then again in your reply to
| chris ....

LOL....whoops! Busted by the NewsNazi's.....

Old 15-07-2003, 02:32 AM
Die Spammer !!!

Old 15-07-2003, 02:32 AM
Die Spammer !!!

I can assure you, hundreds and thousands of homeowners swear AT their
Crapsman.

Buy the Deere.

-Tim

I had a Crapsman. Now I have an MTD and love it. Not just cause it has
more power, but cause the rear bag picks up so much better

Also I bought the Crapsman for $10 and sold it for $40

Old 15-07-2003, 06:02 AM
Tim Fischer

I saw it twice. once for your original post then again in your reply to
chris ....

Who died and made you the moderator here?

Old 15-07-2003, 08:36 AM
Die Spammer !!!

LOL....whoops! Busted by the NewsNazi's.....

I am here to trip you up while you are high ... haha

Old 15-07-2003, 08:36 AM
Die Spammer !!!

Tim Fischer wrote:

I saw it twice. once for your original post then again in your reply to
chris ....

Who died and made you the moderator here?

relax gomer....

Old 15-07-2003, 10:22 PM
Donnie Vazquez

"M. Osborn" wrote:

I'm getting ready to buy a new lawn tractor for our .6 acre lot in
Charlotte, NC.

I mow .75 acres of mostly steep hills with an L110 and it's been great
so far. I have about 18 hrs. on it. That bit about the deck not getting
clogged could be far fetched though. I cleaned mine 2 weeks ago and it
was pretty well packed. BUT, I'm cutting with the mulcher cover on the
deck. Luckily, the deck is a breeze to get off and on the mower. If you
bag or side-discharge it could be a whole different ballgame. This is
the first time I've had a mower with an auto tranny and I'm NEVER going
back to a stick.
--
Donnie Vazquez
Sunderland, MD

Old 18-07-2003, 02:52 PM

I'd agree with the notion that _normally_ a half-acre lot wouldn't
warrant a rider mower unless it was extremely steep and/or you have
some sort of physical problem with walking behind a self-propelled
unit. You'd save a ton of money, and cleaning a walk-behind is a
piece of cake. But it's your money.

Mike

On Sun, 13 Jul 2003 08:38:17 -0400, "M. Osborn"
wrote:

I'm getting ready to buy a new lawn tractor for our .6 acre lot in
Charlotte, NC.

Initially, I thought for sure I'd buy a new John Deere L110 at Home Depot
for $1799. It looks like a good unit, and they are advertising their mowing
deck to be better for reducing the grass buildup underneath it. It's a 17.5
HP mower.

Then, I stopped at Sears to see what they had. The salesman there was
touting their DLT 3000 tractors as better than the John Deere units.

A couple of questions he

1. Any opinions on the quality of the Sears DLT 3000 tractors vs. the John
Deere L110?

2. I see the DLT 3000 tractor comes in 3 "flavors"....(a) 25HP B&S V-Twin,
(b) 20HP Kohler Pro, and (c) 16.5HP Honda V-Twin (which also has cruise
control). Oddly enough, the smallest engine (Honda) costs more than the
largest engine (B&S). Any opinions on which of the three is best?

Thanks....

Old 20-07-2003, 03:22 AM
GRL

If you think you can do a 0.6 acre lawn in an hour with a push mower, you
have another guess coming. I have a 0.5 acre lot and with a self-propelled
Honda mower it takes twice that long...and that's if I don't collect
clippings.

A half acre is the break point where a small lawn tractor starts becoming a
reasonable idea simply because it will have 2X the swath of a normal lawn
mower, so you will get done much faster and be much less fatigued when done.
You can then use the saved time to go get some real exercise, riding a bike
for example. Lawn mowing is not good exercise. It is hot, boring drudge work
and anything that helps you get it done faster is desirable.

--

- GRL

"It's good to want things."

Steve Barr (philosopher, poet, humorist, chemist,
Visual Basic programmer)
"M. Osborn" wrote in message

"Chris" wrote in message
| Why do you want a lawn tractor for a yard that size? Do you have a
physical
| disability that you cannot walk? Is the lawn such a steep grade it is to
| hard to push? It is a waste of money on a yard that small a push mower
might
| take an hour to mow. Get a good push mower maybe even a self propelled

if
| you need it. Get one of the rear wheel drive with the caster wheels in

the
| front. I have an 80 year old grandmother who push mows a lawn bigger

than
| that and I am not joking.
|
| "M. Osborn" wrote in message
| I'm getting ready to buy a new lawn tractor for our .6 acre lot in
| Charlotte, NC.
|
| Initially, I thought for sure I'd buy a new John Deere L110 at Home
Depot
| for $1799. It looks like a good unit, and they are advertising their
| mowing
| deck to be better for reducing the grass buildup underneath it. It's

| 17.5
| HP mower.
|
| Then, I stopped at Sears to see what they had. The salesman there was
| touting their DLT 3000 tractors as better than the John Deere units.
|
| A couple of questions he
|
| 1. Any opinions on the quality of the Sears DLT 3000 tractors vs. the
| John
| Deere L110?
|
| 2. I see the DLT 3000 tractor comes in 3 "flavors"....(a) 25HP B&S
| V-Twin,
| (b) 20HP Kohler Pro, and (c) 16.5HP Honda V-Twin (which also has

cruise
| control). Oddly enough, the smallest engine (Honda) costs more than

the
| largest engine (B&S). Any opinions on which of the three is best?
|
| Thanks....

Very helpful, Chris....thanks.