Old 27-07-2003, 03:33 PM
Mickey

Default What do you use to dig a trench for putting the plastic lawn edging into ?

I would like to put about 400 feet of this along my driveway. I have been
looking at lawn edger's the problem is the ones I have found only go 2.5"
deep. I have looked at gas and electric. Does anyone have a suggestion to
what use to make this happen easily. Are there rental units that work
better?

Old 30-07-2003, 10:08 PM
Chet Hayes

The larger and better commercial edgers that you can rent may work.
I've rented ones with a round type of blade and they can be set pretty
deep.

I would not recommend putting in 400 ft of plastic edging though.
Plastic never stays in place, winds up heaving and shifting and
generally looks like hell before too long. If you want that type of
product, I'd go with steel. It costs more, but it works.