Old 27-07-2003, 05:03 PM
No Spam

Default How to remove glue? Marine Goop

I use a product Plumber Goop (and Marine Goop), they are VERY STRONG.. way
TOO STRONG. Now I want to remove it, anyone knows how?

Is it silicon based? will silicon remover work?

NB

Old 28-07-2003, 03:44 AM
Tomcat14

"No Spam" wrote in message ble.rogers.com...
I use a product Plumber Goop (and Marine Goop), they are VERY STRONG.. way
TOO STRONG. Now I want to remove it, anyone knows how?

Is it silicon based? will silicon remover work?

NB

Someone else will have to tell you how to chemically dissolve it. I
would first try to remove as much as possible mechanically, say with a
knife or razor blade. If you can pry an edge up you might grab it with
pliers and pull a big chunck off. I suspect it would soften lots with
a heat gun or hair dryer.
Old 28-07-2003, 08:03 PM
Charlie Spitzer

"No Spam" wrote in message
le.rogers.com...

I use a product Plumber Goop (and Marine Goop), they are VERY STRONG..

way
TOO STRONG. Now I want to remove it, anyone knows how?

Is it silicon based? will silicon remover work?

NB

try calling the 800 number on the back and ask the manufacturer?

Old 28-07-2003, 09:12 PM
No Spam

I emailed the Goop manufacter, here is their answer (see below). I will try
to buy some acetone from homedepot tonight to see if it works....

Old 29-07-2003, 04:33 AM
No Spam

I just bought a can of Acetone, it works!!!!!!!!! I can remove the Goop
now!! it's perfect!

news

Old 09-08-2003, 03:13 AM
Bob Smith

"No Spam" wrote in message
le.rogers.com...
I just bought a can of Acetone, it works!!!!!!!!! I can remove the Goop
now!! it's perfect!

It just goes to show, there are few problems that cannot be solved by:
1) a bigger hammer
2) heinous chemicals
and if that fails
3) Brute force and ignorance.

Bob

Old 09-08-2003, 03:13 AM

"Bob Smith" wrote:
"No Spam" wrote in message
le.rogers.com...
I just bought a can of Acetone, it works!!!!!!!!! I can remove the
Goop now!! it's perfect!

It just goes to show, there are few problems that cannot be solved by:
1) a bigger hammer
2) heinous chemicals
and if that fails
3) Brute force and ignorance.

Bob

Or in your case, Bob on it.

--
GO# 40
Old 09-08-2003, 04:22 PM
donald girod

Acetone is hardly a "heinous chemical". It is produced in the bodies of
diabetics, and is used topically in medicine. Note than he didn't buy a can
of methyl ethyl ketone, for instance.

"Bob Smith" wrote in message ...

le.rogers.com...