Old 29-07-2003, 11:03 PM
MHF

Default Landscape cloth and doggie pee!! Will it smell?

I know this is a strange and sick question but. Does landscape cloth hold
odours? We plan to re-do our small city garden with mostly flagstone and pea
gravel and some scrubs etc, Japanese style. We want to put down landscape
cloth over the whole area first but we are concerned that it will hold
odour, specifically dog pee, we have two dogs.

Anyone have experience with this?

Thanks

Old 30-07-2003, 02:03 AM

"MHF" wrote:
I know this is a strange and sick question but. Does landscape cloth hold
odours? We plan to re-do our small city garden with mostly flagstone and
pea gravel and some scrubs etc, Japanese style. We want to put down
landscape cloth over the whole area first but we are concerned that it
will hold odour, specifically dog pee, we have two dogs.

Anyone have experience with this?

Thanks

Short answer, it restricts sunlight, and to a certain extent rainfall.

It gets musty.

--
GO# 40
Old 30-07-2003, 03:13 AM
MHF

Thanks, sounds like I will not be using landscape cloth, maybe just a layer
of sand would do the trick.

Steve

Old 30-07-2003, 03:23 AM

wrote in message
"MHF" wrote:
I know this is a strange and sick question but. Does landscape cloth

hold
odours? We plan to re-do our small city garden with mostly flagstone
and pea gravel and some scrubs etc, Japanese style. We want to put
down landscape cloth over the whole area first but we are concerned
that it will hold odour, specifically dog pee, we have two dogs.

Anyone have experience with this?

Thanks

Short answer, it restricts sunlight, and to a certain extent rainfall.

It gets musty.

A one gallon pump up sprayer with round-up may come in handy too..

--
GO# 40