GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Pine Straw (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/lawns/38823-pine-straw.html)

Dan Marsengill 30-07-2003 07:46 PM

Pine Straw

Is there an attachment to a riding lawn mower that will "Sweep" pine
straw???

Greg Rice 31-07-2003 07:23 PM

Pine Straw

I have almost 20 pine trees in my yard. Here's what I do...

I mow my yard without a bagging attachment. This cuts the grass and simply
spits out the pine needles.

Then I mow again with my bagging attachment. This picks up almost all of the
pine needles and only a little of the cut grass.

Then I empty the pine needles where I want them. Either in the compost pile,
trash can, or my "pine-needle" driveway.

I've been doing this for years. It works great. Yes, it does take extra
time, but I only have to do this about 3 or 4 times a year, whereas I have
to mow almost weekly.