Old 04-08-2003, 08:12 AM
Gary E

Default What's the best fertilizer to use?

I have put in a sprinkler system this year, have the bermuda grass going
good but would like it to spread more before it quits growing. I have been
using Lesco fertilizer with pretty good results but would like to know if
there might be a better one out there to use, maybe Scotts as one I have
looked at. I would think the slow release fertilizer would be the best. Is
this true, also what about Fertilome fertilizer? thanks, Gary

Old 04-08-2003, 10:32 PM
Indian Joe

No, No, No! Slow release is NOT what you want for bermuda! You want
something high in nitrogen that is available immediately. If you want
it to spread give it one pound of total N per 1,000 square feet every
two weeks until the 3rd week in August (unless you live in the deep
South). A good dose of potash in September or early October is
desirable to help it through the winter, also.

Old 23-08-2003, 04:02 AM
Randy Rogers

What area of the country are you located in?

In Zone 7 (south-central united states) we have been using a 17-5-9 blend
with tremendous success.