GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   13hp 4000 searies cratsman mower help!! (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/lawns/40591-13hp-4000-searies-cratsman-mower-help.html)

Jim 17-08-2003 02:02 AM

13hp 4000 searies cratsman mower help!!

This mower had been sitting for 2 yrs
I changed the oil.. new plug,but it will not start..it turns over
great..and once in a blue moon I get a poof like it's going to fire
but does not..any ideas?

thanks in advance
Jim

Greg Rice 17-08-2003 03:12 AM

13hp 4000 searies cratsman mower help!!

Did you check the gas! I hope the gas is not 2 years old.
Also, you might clean out the bowl under the carburetor (if it has one, when
small engines become fuel injected I'll need to go back to school) ...
AND... possibly water has condensed in the gas tank. Drain the tank, lines
and the bowl.

GRL 17-08-2003 02:22 PM

13hp 4000 searies cratsman mower help!!

Try a little ether in the air cleaner. If it won't work with that, you have
an ignition problem.

--

- GRL

"It's good to want things."

Steve Barr (philosopher, poet, humorist, chemist,
Visual Basic programmer)

Die Spamer !!! 28-08-2003 06:42 AM

GRL wrote:

Try a little ether in the air cleaner. If it won't work with that, you have
an ignition problem.

but still clean out the old fuel first