GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Ugly Red Fescue clumps (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/lawns/40712-ugly-red-fescue-clumps.html)

K Broder 18-08-2003 03:31 AM

Ugly Red Fescue clumps

My finley bladed Minnesota lawn has been invaded by ugly clumps of fat
red fescue. Is there a product available to elimate it while not
harming the rest of my lawn? Or, must I continue to hand pluck the
uglies as they appear? Thank you!

Chet Hayes 19-08-2003 01:32 PM

Ugly Red Fescue clumps

(K Broder) wrote in message . com...
My finley bladed Minnesota lawn has been invaded by ugly clumps of fat
red fescue. Is there a product available to elimate it while not
harming the rest of my lawn? Or, must I continue to hand pluck the
uglies as they appear? Thank you!

Use Roundup to kill the bad spots and reseed when it's dead. You can
reseed within a few days of using roundup. Late August/Early sept
would be the optimum time.