Old 31-08-2003, 10:32 PM
Bill Higgins

Default Spray on siding

I sick of painting. Does anyone have DIRECT knowledge on
liquid vinyle siding. I find a lot of sceptics but not many who have
first hand knowledge.

Bill Higgins
Old 01-09-2003, 07:42 AM
Steve W.

"Bill Higgins" wrote in message
I sick of painting. Does anyone have DIRECT knowledge on
liquid vinyle siding. I find a lot of sceptics but not many who have
first hand knowledge.

Bill Higgins

Bill,
Not direct as in I have had it done but I do know an outfit that does the
job and have talked to the owner about it a bit. As explained to me the
material is basically the same stuff that is used in the spray on bedliners
for trucks. The companies that make it say the same thing if you read the
MSDS sheets on their products (same chemicals for the base product but
different pigments for the various colors) I know that you can get the
bedliner material in colors and without the texture added into it so I would
bet it is the same stuff. Someone just realized what else it could be used
for.

Steve

Old 01-09-2003, 10:22 PM
Bill Higgins

Thanks Steve. I had heard the same thing. I know someone with a spray
on bedliner but he hasn't had it long enough to make a recommendation.
You would think though that if its tough enough for a bedliner it
would be OK for siding at least as far as durability is concerned.
Thanks again.
On Mon, 1 Sep 2003 02:35:51 -0400, "Steve W." wrote:

.. .

Old 01-09-2003, 11:03 PM
dulac

I don't know.
It may be tuff enuff but will it adhere to the surface?

Old 01-09-2003, 11:12 PM
Steve W.

It should as long as you pressure wash the loose crap off good and make sure
it is clean. The bedliner material is basically a catalyzed epoxy coating
with a UV inhibitor. The stuff sticks like glue ( and will make removal of
anything that you forgot to mask off or remove a real headache.

--
Steve Williams

Old 02-09-2003, 08:03 AM
Spook

On Mon, 1 Sep 2003 18:10:24 -0400, "Steve W." wrote:

It should as long as you pressure wash the loose crap off good and make sure
it is clean. The bedliner material is basically a catalyzed epoxy coating
with a UV inhibitor. The stuff sticks like glue ( and will make removal of
anything that you forgot to mask off or remove a real headache.

I'd be more worried if it let's the wall breath. Moisture gets under
there and the wood could rot right under the coating.
Old 03-09-2003, 03:32 AM
dulac

Outstanding point here!

Old 05-06-2004, 01:10 PM