GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   best lawn tractor? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/lawns/43706-best-lawn-tractor.html)

Oscar_lives 22-09-2003 12:05 AM

best lawn tractor?

OK, we all know that John Deere makes the best push mowers. Who makes the
best lawn tractors?

Thanks

Die Spammer !!! 23-09-2003 04:43 AM

best lawn tractor?

Oscar_lives wrote:

OK, we all know that John Deere makes the best push mowers.

they do ?

Bill Nunnery 29-09-2003 10:02 PM

best lawn tractor?

I would argue the Honda makes a better push mower than John Deere mainly
because of its superior motor but that's not what you are asking. I would
also have said Honda makes the best lawn tractor but I don't think they are
offering them anymore.

Twenty years ago Cub Cadet was the best. Today I think John Deere and
Husquvarna make the best lawn tractors although the Cub is making a come
back. If you are going to use it primarily for mowing grass and vacuuming
leaves you might consider a zero turn radius machine as they are much better
for this purpose. Toro, John Deere, and X-Mark make very good high-end ZTR
mowers. Toro and John Deere also make a lighter duty less expensive version.

Whatever you buy I would highly recommend a hydrostatic drive. Gears will
drive you crazy.

zero 30-09-2003 02:35 AM

best lawn tractor?

Don't waste your time turning and turning and turning with a cumbersome
tractor, for the same money as a good tractor you could have a superior Scag
walk-behind with much better build quality.
http://www.scag.com/index-wb.htm