Old 27-09-2003, 01:42 PM
crm

Default Robomower

Hello group,
I am new to this group and do not know if it has been a topic before, but I
just want to pass on my experience with "Friendly Robotics" Robomower. If
anyone has been thinking about purchasing one I would say GO FOR IT! If
anyone has any questions about it I will be glad to answer them instead of
filling up this post with the trivia. You can also see a lot about it at the
website... http://www.friendlymachines.com/

Old 27-09-2003, 11:14 PM
John

I have a robotic vaccum cleaner. Its great, but not sure about the
robomower - I would be afraid
to leave it alone for a second, some inquisative kids sees it, wants to
pickit up...
sorry to **** on your parade

Old 28-09-2003, 02:02 PM
crm

John
First, It would take several kids to "pick it up" ( it's pretty heavy )and
even if they did , it would instantly shut down and go into secure mode that
requires a four digit pass code and knowing how to enter the code to
activate it again. It also will not work outside of the perimeter wire. And
second, you didn't **** on my parade because I was not parading anything...
Just offering information to those that might be open minded enough to try
an alternative way of performing a task.

I have a robotic vacuum cleaner. Its great, but not sure about the

Old 28-09-2003, 02:02 PM

"crm" wrote:
John
First, It would take several kids to "pick it up" ( it's pretty heavy
)and even if they did , it would instantly shut down and go into secure
mode that requires a four digit pass code and knowing how to enter the
code to activate it again. It also will not work outside of the perimeter
wire. And second, you didn't **** on my parade because I was not
parading anything... Just offering information to those that might be
open minded enough to try an alternative way of performing a task.

Do you sell them?

--
http://NewsReader.Com/
50 GB/Month
Old 28-09-2003, 03:12 PM
crm

Nope... not connected to them in any way other than a very happy customer.
Bought mine through Amazon.com.
.

Do you sell them?

--
http://NewsReader.Com/
50 GB/Month

Old 28-09-2003, 03:22 PM

"crm" wrote:
Nope... not connected to them in any way other than a very happy
customer. Bought mine through Amazon.com.
.

Do you sell them?

Cool, how big is your lawn, and how long does a charge last for you?

--
http://NewsReader.Com/
50 GB/Month
Old 28-09-2003, 06:24 PM
Bry Bry is offline
Registered User

I've seen both the floor cleaner and mower type robots before, and I'm starting to think they could be a good idea. The only major concern I have is just how automated they are. Would I need to plug it in myself or can it connect to the power for charging by itself? Do I have to tell it to cut the lawn, or can I just set a dial and it cuts it every Monday by itself? In an ideal situation, I just set it up once - then forget about it.
Old 29-09-2003, 01:12 AM

Bry wrote:
I've seen both the floor cleaner and mower type robots before, and I'm
starting to think they could be a good idea. The only major concern I
have is just how automated they are. Would I need to plug it in myself
or can it connect to the power for charging by itself? Do I have to
tell it to cut the lawn, or can I just set a dial and it cuts it every
Monday by itself? In an ideal situation, I just set it up once - then
forget about it.

No, it isn't that friggin easy. You have to bury a wire first.

--
http://NewsReader.Com/
50 GB/Month
Old 29-09-2003, 04:32 AM
crm

Cool, how big is your lawn, and how long does a charge last for you

My front yard is about 2300 sq.ft. It takes a little less than 2 hours for
the mower to complete. The run time depends on your yard and the obstacles
it has to navigate around. It will almost do my front ,side and back yard on
one charge.... almost. I usually set it out Friday afternoon and let it do
the front then recharge that night and set it back out Saturday for the side
and back yards.

No, it isn't that friggin easy. You have to bury a wire first.

It took me about 30 minutes to stake out the perimeter wire. In about a
week the grass had completely "absorbed the wire. The mower I have does not
park itself, but for about $500 versus a Huskavarna (sp?) at $2000 ,I can
joystick it to and from the garage and plug in the charger.

Old 08-10-2003, 04:42 AM
John

no offense intended, I say the parade thing whenever
I get the feeling someone is eager to buy something.. and
I might have a negative comment
just my first thought was about the
safety factor. Sounds like a great machine. I checked out the
website and watched the movies... are you going to get it?

Old 08-10-2003, 04:22 PM
Larry Bud

wrote in message ...
Bry wrote:
I've seen both the floor cleaner and mower type robots before, and I'm
starting to think they could be a good idea. The only major concern I
have is just how automated they are. Would I need to plug it in myself
or can it connect to the power for charging by itself? Do I have to
tell it to cut the lawn, or can I just set a dial and it cuts it every
Monday by itself? In an ideal situation, I just set it up once - then
forget about it.

No, it isn't that friggin easy. You have to bury a wire first.

Actually, it can be that easy. Note that I have hte Robomower, but
Husqvarna makes one that's the ferrari of robotic mowers.

First, you don't have to bury the wire, you just have to stake it down
close to the ground. Eventually the grass grows right over it. After
a month or so, I went around and tapped the stakes in a little more
because the wire had settled closer to the earth.

I wrote a review a while back on the mower, so I won't go over it
again.

http://tinyurl.com/q6fo

Anyway, the Husqvarna version is much more expensive, but you CAN
program it so it goes and cuts your lawn on a schedule, and it will
even find its way back to the charging station and recharge itself
automatically. I would guess you'd want to have some sort of
storage/recharge area that it could automatically go into without
having to open a door (garage door, for example).

I find that it's no big deal however to put it out to pasture
yourself; takes literally a minute to drive the thing out inside my
perimeter wire and push two buttons. This thing rocks!
Old 08-10-2003, 11:02 PM
crm

no offense intended, I say the parade thing whenever
I get the feeling someone is eager to buy something.. and
I might have a negative comment
just my first thought was about the

None taken.

I have had the mower most of this season and waited until I really knew the
product before offering comments and advice. I REALLY like it and it has
performed flawlesly this year

Old 11-10-2003, 10:22 PM
lois

There are supposed to be design developments in the works so Id wait.

Would it be safe from theft?