GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   how much does a yard of loam weigh (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/lawns/44252-how-much-does-yard-loam-weigh.html)

thuff 28-09-2003 12:22 PM

how much does a yard of loam weigh

I am looking at loading up a yard of loam and wondering how much it weighs
roughly. I don't want overload my trailer.

[email protected] 28-09-2003 01:12 PM

"thuff" wrote:
I am looking at loading up a yard of loam and wondering how much it
weighs roughly. I don't want overload my trailer.

Depending on its moisture content, topsoil will weigh 2,200 to 2,400 pounds
per cubic yard. Hope this helps.

--
http://NewsReader.Com/
50 GB/Month

Derryl Killan 01-10-2003 01:31 AM

how much does a yard of loam weigh

On Sun, 28 Sep 2003 11:15:48 GMT, "thuff"
wrote:

Hi figure on 2000 pounds with 27 cu ft in a cubic yarrd.

Derryl