Old 01-10-2003, 02:12 PM
blahb

Default Which fertilizer for overseeding?

I just overseeded my lawn and I am confused as to what to lay down for
fertilizer. Normally I would put down the winterizing fertilizer but do I
need to bypass that step and lay down a starter fertilizer for the new seed?
how will this affect the good lawn that wont benefit from a winterizing
fertilizer?

Old 01-10-2003, 03:42 PM
Steveo

"blahb" wrote:
I just overseeded my lawn and I am confused as to what to lay down for
fertilizer. Normally I would put down the winterizing fertilizer but do
I need to bypass that step and lay down a starter fertilizer for the new
seed? how will this affect the good lawn that wont benefit from a
winterizing fertilizer?

Your winter fert will work as a starter fert also.
Old 01-10-2003, 03:42 PM
Steveo

Steveo wrote:
"blahb" wrote:
I just overseeded my lawn and I am confused as to what to lay down for
fertilizer. Normally I would put down the winterizing fertilizer but
do I need to bypass that step and lay down a starter fertilizer for the
new seed? how will this affect the good lawn that wont benefit from a
winterizing fertilizer?

Your winter fert will work as a starter fert also.

I should add.. As long as it doesn't contain weed control.
Old 02-10-2003, 01:04 AM
Colbyt

"Steveo" wrote in message
Steveo wrote:
"blahb" wrote:
I just overseeded my lawn and I am confused as to what to lay down for
fertilizer. Normally I would put down the winterizing fertilizer but
do I need to bypass that step and lay down a starter fertilizer for

the
new seed? how will this affect the good lawn that wont benefit from a
winterizing fertilizer?

Your winter fert will work as a starter fert also.

I should add.. As long as it doesn't contain weed control.

I agree. The winter stuff is designed for root growth (lower nitrogen) and
that is what you need.

--
Colbyt
Remove " stopspam." from the email address to reply via email

Old 02-10-2003, 07:24 AM
Die Spammer !!!

just keep the seed wet then slow down the watering after the grass gets an inch
or two tall. dont need to fertilizer... you want the new grass to be grown (yes
I mean *grown*) real soon.

Old 03-10-2003, 12:22 AM
Steveo

"highcastle" wrote:
Low-life "Steveo" intelligently stated:
Why the ****....

It's an extremely simple mind that
can only express itself with profanity
and vulgar words.

Yea, the only thing worse is a top-posting sock ****.

Old 03-10-2003, 05:08 AM
Die Spammer !!!

it's so easy to kilfile the one who is so bold in talking tough behind that
computer he is using.

Old 03-10-2003, 01:32 PM
Chet Hayes

I don't know how much growing season you have left in your area of the
country, but if there's enough time, you can do both. Put down a
light application of starter, then follow up 4-5 weeks later with the
winter fertilizer.

If there isn't enough time, I would just go with a regular application
of the seed starter. Your main objective is to do what is best for
the new grass you're trying to grow.

highcastle wrote:

Low-life "Steveo" intelligently stated:
Why the ****....

It's an extremely simple mind that
can only express itself with profanity
and vulgar words.

Which rights for which animals? (was: problem with this newsgroup) Bob LeChevalier Ponds 0 25-12-2007 09:42 PM
Which rights for which animals? (was: problem with this newsgroup) pearl Ponds 0 25-12-2007 06:57 PM
Which fertilizer? aunty mor Gardening 2 05-03-2007 04:00 PM
Which fertilizer for Fall lawn care??? Chris Farmer Gardening 25 23-10-2003 09:02 PM
Can I Use Scotts Lawn Pro Step 4 Lawn Fertilizer for Overseeding? Mike Thompson Lawns 1 10-09-2003 07:42 PM