GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Timer Recommendation (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/lawns/44529-timer-recommendation.html)

solex 02-10-2003 02:16 AM

Timer Recommendation

Hello,

Sorry for the repost but for some reason when I post from work I cannot see
the post at home.

I just planted a lawn and setup a temporary sprinkler system. I would like
to use some timers to automatically start and stop the watering of three
zones. The timers must be able to handle the outdoors and be battery
operated, any suggestions?

Thanks,
Dan

Chet Hayes 03-10-2003 01:42 PM

Timer Recommendation

"solex" wrote in message et...
Hello,

Sorry for the repost but for some reason when I post from work I cannot see
the post at home.

I just planted a lawn and setup a temporary sprinkler system. I would like
to use some timers to automatically start and stop the watering of three
zones. The timers must be able to handle the outdoors and be battery
operated, any suggestions?

Thanks,
Dan

Home Depot carries these. I used one for the same thing, not sure of
the brand. It was a gray plastic box type device, battery operated,
went on the faucet and could be set for watering times. It worked
fine, no problems, batteries lasted a long time.

However, I was always a little worried since it's battery operated
among other things. It uses the batteries to both open and close.
Make sure the batteries are fresh if you're going to leave it for any
unsupervised period.