GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Need help IDing grass in yard. (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/lawns/45093-need-help-iding-grass-yard.html)

John T McDougald 08-10-2003 11:02 PM

Need help IDing grass in yard.

I have a grass here in Central Florida that I would like to ID. Initially,
the grass in my yard was suppose to be a combo of Bahia ans St Augustine.
This grass that I am curious about grows low to the ground, has very shallow
root system, and has small purple color flowers that have recently begun to
appear.

What do I have sprouting in my yard? It has begun to really take over in
the back yard area.

Thanks
John T McD.

Phrederik 09-10-2003 01:22 AM

Need help IDing grass in yard.

I've heard of violets doing this...

Wish I could get it to happen in my yard here in Calgary. It sounds quite
nice.