GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Native Grass Lawn (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/lawns/45132-native-grass-lawn.html)

A.Pismo Clam 09-10-2003 05:12 PM

Native Grass Lawn

Hello All!

Has anyone completely removed their "conventional" lawn and replaced it
with native or ornamental grasses?

I have a 1000 sq ft lawn that I am thinking about removing...

Any hints, tips or what-not-to-do's?

Many thanks for taking the time to respond!

Alain....USDA9b...Sunset #19

Colbyt 09-10-2003 10:22 PM

Native Grass Lawn

"A.Pismo Clam" wrote in message
Hello All!

Has anyone completely removed their "conventional" lawn and replaced it
with native or ornamental grasses?

I have a 1000 sq ft lawn that I am thinking about removing...

Any hints, tips or what-not-to-do's?

Many thanks for taking the time to respond!

Alain....USDA9b...Sunset #19

I live in Kentucky. The really native grass is bluegrass. Fescue makes a
better lawn.

Now if you are going for a natural meadow look, you might want to check
local building/housing codes before continuing. Around here if it get over
12" tall and you don't mow, they do and send you the bill. I am sure the
property owners association would scream long before then.

Just my 1 cents worth.

Best wishes.

--
Colbyt
Remove " stopspam." from the email address to reply via email