Old 13-10-2003, 08:02 AM
Andy Kalsey

Default Simoniz pressure washer serious problem

I bought a Simoniz Pressure 1400 psi washer 2 years ago, it has been
working fine until recently. The problem is, after I turn it on the motor
cannot stop although the water comes out with the right pressure. The motor
is supposed to stop when releasing the trigger, but it doesn't. EVEN WORSE,
when I switch the unit to OFF position, the motor is still running!!! It
seems like a bad design because the power switch doesn't even kill the
incoming 110V !! So, I had to pull the plug in order to stop it.

My friend is having the same model , and has exactly the same problem.
Anyone knows how to fix it?

Old 13-10-2003, 04:32 PM
Steve W.

Sounds like the pressure switch is stuck on. Could be caused by a piece
of dirt inside the switch or rust or crud holding it closed. Could also
be the contacts were cheap and have welded themselves shut. Shouldn't be
hard to pull it apart and repair the switch.

--
Steve

"Andy Kalsey" wrote in message
able.rogers.com...
I bought a Simoniz Pressure 1400 psi washer 2 years ago, it has been
working fine until recently. The problem is, after I turn it on the

motor
cannot stop although the water comes out with the right pressure. The

motor
is supposed to stop when releasing the trigger, but it doesn't. EVEN

WORSE,
when I switch the unit to OFF position, the motor is still running!!!

It
seems like a bad design because the power switch doesn't even kill the
incoming 110V !! So, I had to pull the plug in order to stop it.

My friend is having the same model , and has exactly the same problem.
Anyone knows how to fix it?

Serious Tools for Serious Gardeners Marty Weil Gardening 3 12-09-2014 07:46 PM
Pressure Washer Superstore Mike Lawns 1 08-10-2003 05:23 AM
pressure washer Y-City Power Wash Sales & Service Lawns 0 02-09-2003 11:02 AM
Which Pressure washer? crom United Kingdom 4 11-05-2003 07:21 PM
Pressure washer help Mark Lawns 0 09-02-2003 05:55 PM