GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   need lawn that only needs cutting every three weeks or longer (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/lawns/45976-need-lawn-only-needs-cutting-every-three-weeks-longer.html)

john agner 23-10-2003 01:02 AM

need lawn that only needs cutting every three weeks or longer

I have a beach house in a town that's very picky about the height of the
grass. My grass and weeds grow very fast. I'd like a grass that will grow
in NJ at the beach , in a sandy soil, that will not grow to a height of 6
inches within a three week period. I thought initially that a zoysia ,
which i thought grows sideways or as a broadleaf, would fit the bill, but
then i read that it likes to be cut often, probably weekly. Any suggestions
on a grass to fill these ideal expectations. Email replies, please to
and thanks.

Wanda from West Virginia 23-10-2003 02:34 AM

need lawn that only needs cutting every three weeks or longer

Zoysia is what you want. Zoysia grows very slowly, needs to be cut once
every 3-4 weeks. What ever you heard before is incorrect. As a bonus,
zoysia is salt tolerant.