Old 17-11-2003, 01:02 AM
TC

Default Chipper problem

I have a Briggs & Stratton chipper/shredder and am having a problem with it.
The engine runs fine throughout the rpm range but as soon as I begin to chip
the engine dies and will not restart for several minutes. When I finally get
it restarted it dies again instantly. It behaves like the choke is sticking.
Thanx for any help,
T.

Old 20-11-2003, 12:42 AM
TC

The engine turns over as normal and there is a spark from the spark plug. If
you wait a few minutes it will restart very easy.

?

Old 25-11-2003, 06:04 AM
Larry

TC,
It sounds like your carb is gummed up. I'd pull the carb, clean it up and
reinstall.

(¯`·._.· £ãrrÿ ·._.·´¯)

Old 26-11-2003, 07:22 AM
diespammer

pay no attention to stevoboy. he is this newsgroups nuisence. its best to
killfile/filter his posts.

you have not told me the age of the mower or what you have done to remedy
this.

Is the gas clean? fuel and air filters clean? spark plugs clean? if they are
all clean, sound like a fuel or air supply problem... Like Larry said, you
might have a stoppage in the carb somewhere. Pull the carb off and clean out
and blow out what ya can. Have you been adjusting any screws on the carb? How
is the engine oil ? If you find no oil in the crankcase, you most likely are
seizing the engine...

Old 27-11-2003, 01:42 AM
TC

I've already figured he was useless. I'll try the carb cleaning first as
soon as I get a chance. Thanx so far. BTW the gas is fresh and the oil level
is ok.

Old 27-11-2003, 02:13 AM
Steveo

"TC" wrote:
I've already figured he was useless. I'll try the carb cleaning first as
soon as I get a chance. Thanx so far. BTW the gas is fresh and the oil
level is ok.
"diespammer" wrote in message
pay no attention to stevoboy. he is this newsgroups nuisence. its best
to killfile/filter his posts.

Useless is the dumbass who top posts the obvious. Looks like
you fit that mold too.