GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   mice (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/lawns/48557-mice.html)

Boots Crofoot 14-12-2003 08:02 AM

mice

I have been using decon to kill mice and I find it all over
the house. They seem to carry it around. I thought it is to
kill the mice not give them something to play with. Any
Ideas?

--
boots

Steveo 14-12-2003 08:02 AM

mice

"Boots Crofoot" wrote:
I have been using decon to kill mice and I find it all over
the house. They seem to carry it around. I thought it is to
kill the mice not give them something to play with. Any
Ideas?

Since they think it's food, they are bound to move it to the nest.(by
deisgn)

Have you tried traps, or a good mouser kitty?

Farlo 14-12-2003 08:02 AM

mice

"Boots Crofoot" wrote:

Any
Ideas?

I have a few:

* Rats eat mice.
* rethink that "mouse pet door" by the back
* leave them notes (and word them strongly!)
* stop leaving them food and water
* Mice are not tiny little Shao-lin monks - they cannot "walk through
walls" - so determine how they get in, and block them.

--
Farlo, the Urban Fey Dragon

Peter H 14-12-2003 08:02 AM

mice

"Boots Crofoot" wrote in message
. ..
I have been using decon to kill mice and I find it all over
the house. They seem to carry it around. I thought it is to
kill the mice not give them something to play with. Any
Ideas?

--
boots

I've had lots of experience w/ mice. I believe glue boards are the only
sol'n although they aren't for the squeamish.

Peter H

Doug G 14-12-2003 08:02 AM

mice

Farlo wrote:

"Peter H" wrote:

I believe glue boards are the only
sol'n although they aren't for the squeamish.

Yikes ... glue boards remind me of that scene from the original movie "The
Fly" ... "heeeellllllp meeee ...."

Those mice are getting into the house somehow.
I doubt that he has "Ninja Mice" infiltrating his domicile.

Mice once got in my house via a loaf of bread I purchased at a supermarket.

Farlo 14-12-2003 08:02 AM

mice

Doug G wrote:

Mice once got in my house via a loaf of bread I purchased at a
supermarket.

Good golly - so there ARE stealhy ninja mice out there!
That is, by the way, an icky story ...

--
Farlo, the Urban Fey Dragon

Steveo 14-12-2003 08:02 AM

mice

Farlo wrote:
Doug G wrote:

Mice once got in my house via a loaf of bread I purchased at a
supermarket.

Good golly - so there ARE stealhy ninja mice out there!
That is, by the way, an icky story ...

When do you start to be funny?

Steveo 14-12-2003 08:02 AM

mice

Doug G wrote:
Farlo wrote:

"Peter H" wrote:

I believe glue boards are the only
sol'n although they aren't for the squeamish.

Yikes ... glue boards remind me of that scene from the original movie
"The Fly" ... "heeeellllllp meeee ...."

Those mice are getting into the house somehow.
I doubt that he has "Ninja Mice" infiltrating his domicile.

Mice once got in my house via a loaf of bread I purchased at a
supermarket.

No. It was the cheese.

Steveo 14-12-2003 08:02 AM

mice

"Peter H" wrote:
"Boots Crofoot" wrote in message
. ..
I have been using decon to kill mice and I find it all over
the house. They seem to carry it around. I thought it is to
kill the mice not give them something to play with. Any
Ideas?

--
boots

I've had lots of experience w/ mice. I believe glue boards are the only
sol'n although they aren't for the squeamish.

Peter H

NO GLUE! Pete is right, those *******s will chew off body parts. Next
thing you know, you'll have a mouse wheel chair ramp.

Traps.

Farlo 14-12-2003 08:02 AM

mice

Steveo wrote:

When do you start to be funny?

That's when you start to be clever.
Looks like we're screwed.

--
Farlo, the Urban Fey Dragon

Steveo 14-12-2003 08:02 AM

mice

Farlo wrote:
Steveo wrote:

When do you start to be funny?

That's when you start to be clever.
Looks like we're screwed.

No, this isn't rec.garden.humor. Save it.

Die Spammer !!! 14-12-2003 08:02 AM

mice

use the glue traps for mice. they work awesome. the traps come with a
little bit of grain or something in the glue. I put a piece of cereal in
the middle. The mice can't resist. Of course you have to put the traps
where you think or know the mice are and dont go near the areas for a
while..

Die Spammer !!! 14-12-2003 08:02 AM

mice

just killfile stevo the moron and have no more worries... for the rest
of us who have killfiled the moron, we dont need to see his mindless
blabber.

Doug G 14-12-2003 08:02 AM

mice

Boots Crofoot wrote:

I have been using decon to kill mice and I find it all over
the house. They seem to carry it around. I thought it is to
kill the mice not give them something to play with. Any
Ideas?

If you only have a few mice, spring traps baited with peanut butter are
cheap enough to throw away after one use.

Farlo 14-12-2003 08:02 AM

mice

Point.

--