Old 27-12-2003, 08:33 AM
Steven Banks

Default Leaning Tree of Pisa...

Hello All,

We went through a tough storm a few weeks ago up here in the Great Pacific
NorthWET. One of my evergreen trees which had a crooked trunk has taken on a
lean. It's leaning into my neighbors trees.

I do not want to cut it down and I think since the root ball didn't pull all
the way out of the ground that I can save this tree. I want to stake the
tree. What I'm looking for is something similar to an "auger stake" the kind
that is used for dogs to be tied up to in a yard (but larger). Any clues as
to where I can find such an animal?

Thanks,
Steve Banks

---

Old 28-12-2003, 12:03 AM
Larry

What I'm looking for is something similar to an "auger stake" the kind
that is used for dogs to be tied up to in a yard (but larger).

I'd use a winch or "come-a-long" the pull it over straight before I stake
it.

If there is nothing to pull against, park a truck and pull against the
bumper. For additional safety, drape several blankets across the cable to
prevent whipping in event it parts under strain.

Larry
www.BackwoodsMetalArt.com
Truly unique creations
for Home and Yard

Old 28-12-2003, 12:32 AM
Steven Banks

"Steven Banks" wrote in message
Hello All,

We went through a tough storm a few weeks ago up here in the Great Pacific
NorthWET. One of my evergreen trees which had a crooked trunk has taken on

lean. It's leaning into my neighbors trees.

I do not want to cut it down and I think since the root ball didn't pull

all
the way out of the ground that I can save this tree. I want to stake the
tree. What I'm looking for is something similar to an "auger stake" the

kind
that is used for dogs to be tied up to in a yard (but larger). Any clues

as
to where I can find such an animal?

Thanks,
Steve Banks

Thanks guys, actually what I was looking for are the auger type screws but
of a more "industrial" length and diameter. The aluminum ones for dos are
good for just that. I did find an anchor system called Duckbills that would
do the job but think I just might have to go the route of an arborist.
Thanks though.

Steve Banks

---