Old 07-01-2004, 10:12 AM
BigDaDDY

Default sprinkler systems

Does anyone know of a sprinkler system that has some logic built into it?
I was thinking of a control system that would make use of some transducers
that sense moisture levels and ensure that moisture levels stay within a
certain range. The moisture level combined with the time of day would
determine whether the sprinkler system is activated. Is there already a
product out there to do this, or should I start designing my circuit now?

Thanks,

Matt
Old 07-01-2004, 02:32 PM
Steveo

BigDaDDY wrote:
Does anyone know of a sprinkler system that has some logic built into it?
I was thinking of a control system that would make use of some
transducers that sense moisture levels and ensure that moisture levels
stay within a certain range. The moisture level combined with the time of
day would determine whether the sprinkler system is activated. Is there
already a product out there to do this, or should I start designing my
circuit now?

Thanks,

Matt

The only one that I'm aware of is the rain sensor, and they usually
don't work very well.

--
I'll bring you precious contraband
And ancient tales from distant lands. -Steve Earle-
Old 08-01-2004, 09:44 PM
Bugman

"Steveo" wrote in message
BigDaDDY wrote:
Does anyone know of a sprinkler system that has some logic built into

it?
I was thinking of a control system that would make use of some
transducers that sense moisture levels and ensure that moisture levels
stay within a certain range. The moisture level combined with the time

of
day would determine whether the sprinkler system is activated. Is there
already a product out there to do this, or should I start designing my
circuit now?

Thanks,

Matt

Start designing your circuit right now. Make sure you measure moisture
levels in the soil, and at the appropriate depth; no other measure is a good
indicator.

chris

---