GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   irrigation with sump water (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/lawns/52151-irrigation-sump-water.html)

Greg Rutledge 09-02-2004 06:37 PM

irrigation with sump water

My sump pump is contstantly going off. Has anybody retrofitted the piping to
use for irrigation?

cheers

at 14-02-2004 11:42 AM

irrigation with sump water

On Mon, 9 Feb 2004 13:31:20 -0500, "Greg Rutledge"
wrote:

My sump pump is contstantly going off. Has anybody retrofitted the piping to
use for irrigation?

cheers

We have a ledge behind our yard from which significant ground water
flows. When we first built our home much of this water ended up in
our sump pump which was pumped back outside. Eventually we had
constructed a curtain drain around the back of our yard which drains
into an undergroud 400 Gal holding tank. Our sump pump now pumps into
that tank as well.

There is a high pressure pump inside that tank that drives our Hunter
irrigation system and is the ONLY source of water. It works fine on
two cycles per day from late april throug late july/early auguest when
the flow slows somewhat.

For what its worth this setup severs two purposes - it waters the lawn
AND it collects and distributes the ground water. Both beneficial to
us.

So, hopefully this at least lets you know that someone is using ground
water for irrigation.

Good luck.

Bob